Monday, July 16, 2007

Transitioning

So many things to look forward to in the next couple of weeks! California is right around the corner, which makes me nervous because I haven't even started packing! Then when we get back I start my new job at Holy Family Memorial the following week. I'm really looking forward to the new job; it's the same sort of thing that I currently do, except that I get paid more money and it's more exciting. I can't wait!

It also appears as though Brodie and I are going to finally get our own apartment. Don't get me wrong; I love the money I'm saving by living with my parents, but it is time. If all goes according to plan, we will be moving in to the apartment above his grandmother's pub at the end of August. I bet you're jealous; who doesn't want to live above Kathie's Stage Door Pub?! In exchange for a little break in rent, it's kind of assumed that we will help her out with some things in the bar, such as filling ice, taking out garbage, that sort of thing...which is completely okay since we do it when we stop in by her anyway. It's an awesome apartment with tons of charm and character; it's the oldest residential building in Manitowoc! Almost all of the floors are a beautiful wood and the bathtub is a fantastic old-fashioned one with feet! I am looking forward to living there. :)

No comments: